Welcome back after a nice long break. We are looking forward to another great school year and it is a pleasure to have your child in our class.
As we begin an important school year, I would like to offer some reminders and classroom routines that will enable us to make this a positive and rewarding year.
- Please be sure to clearly mark all of your child’s belongings with his/her name for safety and quick identification.
- Please ensure that your child reads each night at home and brings their book and signed reading record in to school with them each day.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and is to be completed and returned each Wednesday. We value all comments you make in their homework book.
- Year 3 have PE on a Monday. However, the children should have their PE kit in school every day because other opportunities for active sports arise throughout the year.
- If your child has your permission to go home with a friend/ sibling or other adult, please inform us. This is to prevent confusion and ensure the safety of the children.
We look forward to working with you and your child. Together we can make a difference! You can help by sending us well-rested children with full tummies and a hug and a kiss still fresh on their minds. This sets the stage for a lovely day.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if there is a question or situation you would like to discuss.
Mrs Torley and Mrs Miller
Click here for Autumn 2017 Term curriculum.
Click here for Spring 2018 Term curriculum.
Click here for Summer 2018 Term curriculum.
WORLD BOOK DAY
Year 3 have been learning about the Poppie and its significance for Remembrance Day. They have been busy, creating lots of beautiful poppies for our display.
We held a 2 minute silence on Friday 10th November to show our respect to those who have died and we have also written some prayers of Remembrance.